10.4.07

For Everything Else...There's VISA

okay i will admit this right off the bat. i am NOT the crafty person you all believe i am. i am the BIGGEST copycat there is. all my ideas come from other people, pottery barn magazines, scrapbookers, etc. i love to copy. so when i was finishing up the last of my family room i called my good friend and work out buddy, danielle to help. she gave me the idea for the vases on the entertainment center and hanging the lanterns, with help from lynette too, and how to arrange my frames on the wall. thanks to my friends and pottery barn, i love my family room. i finally have pics of my family in my house. it's wonderful. i love danielle's idea for the vases. she said you can fill one with sticks, one with fabric balls, and one with pebbles and a big candle. i took her advise about all but the candle and pebbles. and only because i found the cutest rustic american flag. i still want the idea of candle in the hurricane because i think it would look totally stunning in the big on i bought. i just love how everything flows and i couldn't have done it without help. thanks friends.

styrofoam balls $2.49.


twigs found at a local park.


one flag at half price $6.00.
3 vases half price at michaels with the coupon $20.00, thanks missy!

white frames 2 for $5 at micheals any size.


3 lanterns $2.00.


bringing a family room together...


so our family can spend quality time there....PRICELESS.


4 comments:

Heather Jones said...

Very cute I wish I had time to do all my crafts.

Missy said...

I love the lanterns...adds some nice colors to the room. Also love Makinley in front of the t.v.

Joey and Nettifer said...

Way to go crafty! I love how it turned out and I love how the laterns turned out too!
Still some of my favorite pictures. We need to find a new place this year for pictures.
Love the post title!

Kristi said...

Love it, love it, love it!!! You have inspired me to paint the rest of my walls in my family room, I hope mine turns out half as good as yours and I will be ecstatic!!